Thank you for your interest in serving on a GEM Teams short-term project. Below you will find the list of requirements for completing the application process. If you have any questions, please contact your team leader for details pertaining to your specific project.
***If you are serving on Lesvos, please visit www.gemteams.org/lesvosapplication for the correct application process.***
- If you haven’t served with GEM Teams in the last 2 years, please make sure to mark that you are a NEW APPLICANT
Child Safety Training
- Within a few days of completing the Online Form, you will receive a link from Mobilize My Ministry to complete the necessary online training.
- – Please also check your spam/junk folder if you do not see it in your email inbox.
- – US Citizens (Click Here)
- This online service is for US citizens, ages 18 and over. The cost is $25, payable by credit/debit card.
- – UK Citizens
- If you have a DBS that is valid within 12 months of your project, you can forward the verification to your team leader.
- If you do not have a valid DBS, this is the online service for UK citizens, ages 18 and over. The cost is £25, payable by credit/debit card.
- NOTE: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected to the GEM UK office to access this service.
- – Canadian Citizens will be contacted by GEM staff after the Online Form is submitted.
- – For those from another country, please check online to find out about background check options available for your country.
- – If the church or organization you are serving through will be providing confirmation of completed background checks, use this link for the required form for each team.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to complete your application. A GEM account will be created for your team. Once this is ready we will send you the account number and the payment information.
- The deposit will go towards the Project Fees. The Project Fees cover food, lodging, local ground transportation, overhead/administration, emergency medical insurance and may include a portion of the cost of materials needed for the project. Project Fees need to be received by GEM no later than 45 days prior to the start date of the project.
- The required deposits are as follows:
- ◊ Canadians – $150 CAD
- ◊ Europeans – €125 EUR
- ◊ UK – £100 GBP
- ◊ US – $150 USD
*All steps of the Application are due no later than three months prior to the start of the project.*
Thank you for your willingness to serve!