Thank you for your interest in serving on a GEM short-term project. Below you will find the list of requirements for completing the application process.
- If you haven’t served with GEM Teams in the last 2 years, please make sure to mark that you are a NEW APPLICANT
Child Safety Training
- Within a few days of completing the Online Form, you will receive a link from Mobilize My Ministry to complete the necessary online training.
- Please also check your spam/junk folder if you do not see it in your email inbox.
- UK Citizens
- If you have a DBS that is valid within 12 months of your project, you can forward the verification to your team leader.
- If you do not have a valid DBS, the online service for UK citizens, ages 18 and over, is £25, payable by credit/debit card. Please email email@example.com to be connected to the UK office to use this service.
- For those from another country, please check online to find out about background check options available for your country.
- If the church or organization you are serving through will be providing confirmation of completed background checks, use this link for the required form for each team.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to complete your application. A GEM account will be created for your team. Once this is ready we will send you the account number and the payment information.
- The deposit will go towards the Project Fees. The Project Fees cover food, lodging, local ground transportation, overhead/administration, emergency medical insurance and may include a portion of the cost of materials needed for the project. Project Fees need to be received by GEM no later than 45 days prior to the start date of the project.
*All steps of the Application are due no later than three months prior to the start of the project.*
Only for those serving in Moria camp on Lesvos Island, Greece
Thank you for your willingness to serve!