Thank you for your interest in serving on a GEM short-term project. Below you will find the list of requirements for completing the application process. If you have any questions, please contact your team leader for details pertaining to your specific project.
- If you haven’t served with GEM in the last 2 years, please make sure to mark that you are a NEW APPLICANT
- We realize that individual churches, schools or organizations may have their own application process, but in order for GEM to complete the due diligence process, we must have this form completed by each volunteer.
Child Safety Training
- Within a few days of completing the Online Form, you will receive a link from Mobilize My Ministry to complete the necessary online training.
- Please also check your spam/junk folder if you do not see it in your email inbox.
- *If you are serving on Lesvos, in partnership with EuroRelief, you will instead receive a link from EuroRelief for the required Child Safeguarding Training after completing the EuroRelief Registration form (see below). After uploading your completion certificate to EuroRelief, please also send a copy to email@example.com.
***For those serving on Lesvos, Greece in partnership with EuroRelief, your background check must be dated within 90 days of the project start date.***
- US Citizens (Click Here)
- This online service is for US citizens, ages 18 and over. The cost is $25, payable by credit/debit card.
- UK Citizens
- If you have a DBS that is valid within 12 months of your project, you can forward the verification to your team leader.
- If you do not have a valid DBS, this is the online service for UK citizens, ages 18 and over. The cost is £25, payable by credit/debit card.
- NOTE: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected to the GEM UK office to access this service.
- Canadian Citizens will be contacted by GEM staff after Online Form is submitted.
- – For those from another country, please check online to find out about background check options available for your country.
- – If the church or organization you are serving through will be providing confirmation of completed background checks, use this link for the required form for each team.
Emergency Medical/Evacuation/Repatriation Insurance
- Every team member must have proper medical insurance coverage. Please click here for details about the options for obtaining insurance for your project.
*All steps of the application are due no later than one month prior to the start of the project.*
Only for those serving with EuroRelief on Lesvos Island, Greece
- EuroRelief Registration Form (Click Here)
- EuroRelief is the organization GEM is partnering with to serve at the refugee camp on Lesvos. Note: There is a selection of organizations on the form, please select GEM as the mission you’re working under.
- Each team member needs to attach a digital photo with their form. Qualifications of the photo are:
- 1. Close Up
- 2. Neutral Background
- 3. Clear (not fuzzy or pixelated)
- 4. Recent Photo
- 5. No Red Eye
- 6. In Color
- 7. Not a picture of a photo or a scan of a printed photo. DO NOT send scans of a passport or passport photo.
*The EuroRelief form should be submitted at least one month before the beginning of the project.*
Thank you for your willingness to serve!