Thank you for your interest in serving on a GEM Teams short-term project to Lesvos, Greece. Below you will find the list of requirements for completing the application process. If you have any questions, please contact your team leader for details pertaining to your specific project.
- (Click Here)
- If you haven’t served with GEM Teams in the last 2 years, please make sure to mark that you are a NEW APPLICANT
- EuroRelief Registration Form (Click Here)
- – Please select GEM as the mission you’re working under.
- – You do not need to upload a “Registration Receipt.” GEM Teams will cover your registration fee with money from your team funds. For this field please upload a handwritten or digital note stating that “GEM Teams/[insert Project Supervisor name] will cover my registration fee.”
- EuroRelief Child Safeguarding Training
- After completing the EuroRelief Registration form, you will receive a link from EuroRelief for the required training. Please upload your completion certificate to EuroRelief, AND please also send a copy to email@example.com.
- – Background checks must be dated within 90 days of the project start date. Your GEM Teams Project Supervisor will notify you with information about how you can complete this step when your project is within the 90 day window.
- – GEM currently processes background checks for Americans, Canadians, and UK citizens. If you are from another country, please check online to find out about background check options available for your country and what the process will be for you to obtain one.
- – If the church or organization you are serving through will be providing confirmation of completed background checks (within 90 days), use this link for the required form for each team.
- – A non-refundable deposit is required to complete your application. A GEM account will be created for your team. Once this is ready we will send you the account number and the payment information.
- – The deposit will go towards the Project Fees. The Project Fees cover food, lodging, local ground transportation, overhead/administration, emergency medical insurance and may include a portion of the cost of materials needed for the project. Project Fees need to be received by GEM no later than 45 days prior to the start date of the project.
- – The required deposits are as follows:
- ◊ Canadians – $150 CAD
- ◊ Europeans – €125 EUR
- ◊ UK – £100 GBP
- ◊ US – $150 USD
*All steps of the Application, except the Background Check, are due no later than three months prior to the start of the project.*
Thank you for your willingness to serve!